From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Towing with an Eagle

Gotta say in my personal opinion you are taking an already questionably powered vehicle and sucking more power out of it with the 727. Do a high quality build and keep the 998.
Big honkin trans cooler after rad cooler. trans temp gauge.
  They are forgoing the 727's in a lot of drag cars, gotta believe with due care the 998 will do fine.
   My WJ Jeeps trans is not known for it's long life, yet I tow with no issues and no burn't fluid. O/D off, big cooler, and still need to mount that gauge... The boat I tow is not light either 20' Rinker with a 305 efi 260hp SBC on a tandem axle trailer with surge brakes.

You really need to be mechanically conscious of what is going on when you tow. Know what your drivelines limitations are and stay under them. If you drive it like you stole it you'll probably break something!

Mark Price