----------
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:28:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jesse<j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>

OK, so, there are a lot of advantages to the 998 trans, especially for performance/weight/mileage, however, if I was going to do consistent towing, I would upgrade a few things. ?

727 trans from an 80 up Wagoneer. ?Have it built for towing before you put it in and it will last forever, if you get your shifts points right with your kickdown linkage. ?You can ?keep your T/C and bolt right up or use a Wagoneer T/C and get a lo range with very little modification. ?

Good tranny cooler. ?Lots of em out there, get one that fits.

Electric fan with relay. ?a little more more power from your engine... better cooling, ?more versatility and your water pump will last forever! ?

plenty to do for power, but this is a start. I have the trannys if you need one!?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"