Re: [AMC-list] OT: Nissan anyone?

I'm pretty sure you're right on the foot feed assembly being T/U. You could try spraying into it with contact cleaner. If it improves at all you know you found the problem.

From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] OT: Nissan anyone?

  First things first, if you don't want to read this delete it now.
Sorry about digest users, I have simply run out of angles of attack on this car other than throwing parts at it and hoping I find the right one!

  Picked up a nice low mileage 2002 Nissan SER. It ran perfect for 5 months then started going into "limp home" mod. All the codes pointed to the Throttle control chamber (drive by wire...)
  We replaced the TCC and it ran good for an hour and a half, then back into LHM. You can reset these with a series of keyed on and offs and throttle actions. So, we reset it about 4 more times and it now won't come out of LHM at all.

  There is an ecm reprogram recall, the local dealer took it in and tried for over an hour to get the codes and CEL to clear so they could program the ecu, no luck. I tried to get them to keep it and work on it. They are not interested in looking for wiring or sensor faults in a soon to be 10 year old car!

  They told me "come back when it is fixed and we'll do the recall. Next closest dealer is a place I worked at and I don't feel comfortable with leaving my car there. Other dealers are over a $200 tow away.

Spent 12 hours on it this weekend and am totally brain fried!
  I have the TSM and have found some "off" readings from the ecm relay, meaning it is either a ecm failure or something else is telling the ecm, "I am not right don't run me normal".

  My generic and fairly good tester is not doing me any good.
The TPS signal sits at 7.4%, but does that indicate it is refusing to move or the ecm or pedal assembly are fu'barr'd

  If anyone knows a about these cars or even has a friend of a friend please point me to somewhere I can learn the missing pieces of this puzzle, reward is being offered. oh, my brain hurts....

   I have not been without a Nissan product in my driveway since 1983. I knew the problem child was out there, sooner or later you are going to get one.

   The other thing is this is Nissan's first year of drive by wire (did not know that before purchase, my bad) it is also a Mexico build. No I am not prejudiced just stating the facts.

  HELP

Mark Price