Re: [AMC-list] A couple questions

I see Grey Marine 4 bbl intakes for "cheap" at times. Taking the weight off the motor helps a bit too. Didn't the "real" 4 bbl motors come with higher compression too? It's definitely rumored to be that way in the jtrucks.Just keeping an eye on this topic since Isabelle has a Jtruck with 2 bbl 327 now. (I'll be delivering the other one I have to a friend possibly wednesday.) Too bad I already tossed the heads I had. I could've practiced my style of head porting.

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] A couple questions

I forgot to mention that! The water crossover has to be cut off the late AMC intake and the rear section -- basically everything in front of the front intake runners and to the rear of the rear runners. Use the original 327 water crossover. The 327 has a solid sheetmetal valley cover under the intake, the intake isn't the cover.

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 20:10:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: russ hathaway<russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>

The way I heard on adapting the late V8 manny to the early V8s was to cut away enough meat to clear the dist and water crossover, make the adapter plates and tweek the whole mess so as to seal everything up.
I had a template at one time but have lost it, so I will just fool around and see what I can come up with. I have an extra 327 sitting on the floor, so I won't have to hunker over a fender.
Maybe after figuring this out I can finally find a?home for?my old Torker.......Russ

--
Frank Swygert