Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:35:13 -0400
From: "Jeff Reeves"<amcnut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] [Bulk] AMC-list Digest, Vol 27, Issue 27

Duh. You're right. I didn't see the part about the box being from a Grand
Cherokee.

What about a hose from a 90-91-ish Grand Wagoneer? Would it have had the
metric O-ring setup?

Jeff Reeves

<quote>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:30:41 -0400
From: Matt Haas<mhaas@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC power steering conversion Eaton to Saginaw

That isn't going to work. Sometime in the mid-80's, Saginaw type
steering systems switched from using standard flare fittings to using
metric o-ring fittings. The two ways to get around this change will be
either to get an older pump that uses a flare fitting and getting the
mentioned hose or to have a custom hose made up. The custom hose will be
the less expensive route.

Matt

--
Frank Swygert