Re: [AMC-list] Some Progress on the Conv

Re: [AMC-list] Some Progress on the Conv

Sounds great!
the last two days have been spent on out 97 Cherokee.
Found frame rust between the lower two steering box bolts.
I cleaned out all the mud and crud that caused the rust.
Then unbolted the steering box to install a C-roc frame reinforcement plate system.
http://www.c-rok.com/sb.html
The killer was the 97 bolts were unbelievably rotted into the unibody.
The kit said allow 2 hours, HAH!, try 8+.
Two of the bolts snapped off. luckily I got them out by driving the pieces out until the box was
out, mind you, there is not real need  to pull the box except for the rotted bolts.
Once I beat then out and clamped the pieces of rotted bolts in the vice I managed get the box ready and reinstall.
   Today I finished that stuff and added a front pinion seal, brakes and rotors I hope that all holds for a while!

   Today I put fresh brake pads on all four corners of the 08 Altima.

Last I did the convertible, untarping and chasing away the wasps and yellow jackets.
I'm really hoping I can get some progress made on it. I hope to get the remaining cowl repaired and the engine in....dream on...

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.