From: "superglider@xxxxxxxx" <superglider@xxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, June 12, 2011 3:01:44 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] header install

Anybody running headers and stock starter on an Ambo or Rebel with the
trunnion suspension?  The headers go into place on my 69 Ambo 390 but I
can not get a stock or high torque starter to fit.  The headers hit the
bottom of starter before the flange will mate with the head.  I have spun
the high torque (mini) starter in as many different positions as I can
and still put the mounting bolts in but the headers still hit.  No matter
what body style the headers should clear the starter.  So, before I
wrestle with the heavy antique starter, will it fit and what is the
trick?  Many years ago I ran headers on my 70 Rebel with the stock
starter but these seem to be a PIA.

Thanks

Wayne
Wayne & Lisa, Bolton Landing, NY, http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
66 Ambo 990 wagon, 327 auto, PS,PB,AC,PW; 69 Ambo 2 door 390/401, M12
78 GMC Motorhome Royale 403 EFI
03 FLHTCI - Patriot guard rider
01 XJ, 02 Seville, 05 Sebring Coupe