Re: [AMC-list] Scratch the Weber Jeep Kit for '65 Americans

Re: [AMC-list] Scratch the Weber Jeep Kit for '65 Americans

Oh damn, yeah, you can just about stand on top of the carb and close
the hood on the older rambler. OK i exaggerate... but i'm certain the
64-up hood profile is MUCH lower. Sorry I didn't think of that. The
58-63 Americans are very, very old/tall designs that accomodated the
old oil bath type filters too.

There are filter canister apps for this sort of problem, that more or
less put the cover 1/2" over the top of the carb, and drop the filter
down low.

A hood scoop would be cool, actually, if it fits with your vision of
the car. Or a bubble for clearance, rather than a scoop.

Sounds like your kid is sharp though, to check assumptions like that.

The manifold on the 232 is lower relative to the crankshaft
centerline; i think you stumbled onto one of those engine-design
features that few people think about, eg. how an engine design changes
to accomodate styling! The trough is well above the combustion
chamber.

Damn, sorry if you end up scrapping it totally.