Re: [AMC-list] Tom - Weber 32/36 DGEV Jeep Kit for 196OHV

Re: [AMC-list] Tom - Weber 32/36 DGEV Jeep Kit for 196OHV

Ha! Sorry I got the send post that says your son bought it!

The hard part is done; it'll bolt on to the manifold and all that. The
air cleaner will not fit however. You can fab up a new base for an AMC
type canister, but there's no center bolt to mount it. I make an
over-the-top bracket for my 70 Hornet (pics of it somewhere on
wps.com).

The electric choke is somewhat of a pain as it wants switched battery.
I partially rewired under there so i can't tell you where to pick it
up from a stock car but worst case run a wire from the ignition
switch.

The twist rod for the throttle will be too low. The pedal to twist rod
has a bellcrank that needs to be longer (I made one out of 10-32
threaded rod) and the firewall mount higher. I chopped mine and welded
in a piece (in the pics) but it's low stress, you could drill and use
screws.

It's aweekend project, but man, it sure runs nice! NOTE you will have
to rejet it. It will run like crap til you do. I'm pretty sure the jet
sizes in mine are on the website. The idle jets are most important.
Very easy to change under the hood.