Re: [AMC-list] Jeep XJ, on topic or off?

Re: [AMC-list] Jeep XJ, on topic or off?

Found the company called C roc or C rok.
They have a sandwich box section that bolts on it covers the entire area and ties together
everything from the bumper bolts to the steering box and swaybar mount bolts. Inside and outside plates.
Comes with new sleeves and hardware. $111 shipped.
Total bill for all needs is about $500 in parts.
  Since we are now paying tuition for the oldest we have decided
to repair this XJ.
  It "only" has 100,147 miles on it, It's just that they have
all been winter miles and that has taken its toll.

I did find a stocking dealer for an e-brake mechanism So that is even not a problem now!

I'm going to take my time going over the underside and attempt to catch and more
problem spots before they get worse! Hoping for two more years, at least.
No sense in giving up at this point.

I am going to clean out the rusted section and weld in a piece of 16 gauge depending on how
the kit will work.

I'm glad we still have the 98 Altima to fall back on, though it is getting rough at 175K too.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.