Re: [AMC-list] AMC towing / why is it? 78 Concord Touring Wagon

Re: [AMC-list] AMC towing / why is it? 78 Concord Touring Wagon

This old white 82 Eagle has 210,000 miles on it,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/Picture_1168.jpg

a Class III hitch and has towed many a AMC for me since 1992(?) or so. Never used a full sized trailer on it, always tod dolly. Some cars hauled distance like 74 Sportabout wagon down to Corpus Christi, about 210-225 miles one way.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/74_hornet_gx.jpg

Others a little more difficult like 71 Matador brought about 60 miles,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/christmaskids2004_021.jpg

had to take it easy with that one as heavier and while the Eagle handled it no problem in 2WD, just seemed heavier than Eagle Matty battled it whole way so had to be careful slowing down and turns otherwise uneventful.

while earlier we were talking about 'special amcs and regional specials' how many of you ever seen a uber rare 78 Concord "Touring Wagon"? This one would have been the perfect tow vehicle with factory 304V8, and rarity of it thru the roof...sold for $1000

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/1978-amc-concord-touring-wagon-v8/20656/page1/

I have only seen photos of them, never seen one up close. Check out groovy interior. Seems the Airstream folks are fond of towing their big trailers with Eagles, Concords & Pacers:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f417/amc-eagle-towing-airstream-38630-2.html

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx