Re: [AMC-list] Randall AMCs & regional AMCs was: Rebel Machine rims

Re: [AMC-list] Randall AMCs & regional AMCs was: Rebel Machine rims

David that don't surprise me. There were many a dealership that had special vehicles unheard of in maybe next county over. Sometimes AMC didn't even know about it. Randall's AMC out in Mesa was dropping 401s in Pacers even, and AMC sent team out to see what's up with this. I don't remember the executive's names except several were with marketing. And they liked what they saw. Next year Pacer had production 304V8, no 401s like Randalls dropping in them, or custom flair kit, that would have been nice but here is classic case of right hand not knowing what left hand doing. Left hand being company that makes the vehicle, and right hand company that modifies it to their specifications.

There are hundreds.....no one will ever know....(gee, the no paper trail thing again) of local, regional and actual Kenosha blessed mods that were made. Some well known like 67 Rebel wagons Briarcliffes, Westerner and Mariner wagons

http://www.bigflea.com/amc/

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_ads/AMC_Mariner.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_ads/AMC_Westerner.jpg

to Rebel Raiders

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_ads/AMC_Rebel_Raider.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_ads/AMC_Raider_Driveaway.jpg

Ambassador Yellow Jackets

http://www.arcticboy.com/media/bigcars/ambo-yellowjackets.jpg

even more mentioned in the Badger Javelin file off my site, uh, forgot about that one sorry:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/badgerjavelin.htm

my favorite is possibly the Canadian 'Green Hornet' editions made mentioned there. There were Mexican VAM specials also, and I would guess, Australian and Euro AMC special cars built we have never heard of or will never know except some like Karmann Javelin.

http://www.american-motors.de/en/karmann/

I would not read too much into 'unofficial approval' of the Randall Gremlin venture....AMC knew exactly what it was doing sending 30 401s down after Randall had already modded others.

http://www.gremlinx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=152

too bad it never became a production vehicle but insurance companys were already clamping down on muscle cars and performance by that time. $3K for a 72 Gremlin 401. Ah, those were the days.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com