Re: [AMC-list] HMX back on the road!

Mine are fine after 6 years. Interesting to note that the '79 AMX specified
heavy duty bushings for the strut rods. My AMX has a mix of poly and rubber
to achieve the same effect. The lower control arm has apoly bush too, though
I'm torn on that choice as they need lubing again.

If anything I see the boxed lowers imparting *less* force to the strut rod
and bushes as a result of twisting less. My Eagle had factory boxed lowers
and I noted no unusual wear on it's strut rods- especially considering that
the front wheels are also driven ones when 4wd is engaged.

Steve