Re: [AMC-list] HMX back on the road!

Good point about them not really being concerned about long term effects! Another thing to consider -- the T/A cars had really stiff suspension and a lot less travel than a street car does, so the arm wouldn't twist very much. The bushing could probably handle the little bit of twist easy enough, whereas on a street car with more travel it may not. Depends on how stiff the suspension has been made. The solid forged struts wouldn't weaken, the arm would from flexing, or the boxing welds would start to crack first.

--------------
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:05:35 -0500
From: "Armand Eshleman"<aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Not sure what to think about boxed lower control arms worse than not boxed,
all I know is Penske boxed them for the TA effort. I wonder if Irv Hoerr did
too?
Of course neither one were worried about long term, only long enough to win
a race. I'm sure at the first sign of weakness the struts got replaced or
were not factory
to begin with.
Armand

--