Re: [AMC-list] 2WD AW4 27-spline slip yoke WTB

Re: [AMC-list] 2WD AW4 27-spline slip yoke WTB

" From: "William Lawrance" <bilaw2000@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I had the same problem, and ended up buying a new one for
" about $30.   However, the guy at the drive-shaft shop told me that
" it's the same as a Ford C4 automatic.  I didn't check it out, but
" if true, you should be able to get a used one pretty easily.

if this is true, they ought to be as common as dirt.  many ford
trannies had this 27-spline output, incl. toploaders and t5s.  the amc
t150 3sp and sr4...  i wouldn't be surprised to find ford is still
using it.

just fyi, c6s and some rather rare toploaders had a 31 spline output.
i don't know of any others, but my knowledge fades out in the '80s.