[AMC-list] a moment with mahoney

John Mahoney used to be a regular on the amc-list years ago and his comments about all things AMC and old car were always interesting. Sometimes perplexing. I still stay in touch with him and wished he would rejoin, but in meantime, here is a email many of you might enjoy:
=====================================
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/chrysler/town_and_country/1207957.html

Nice, but would wagon wood be nicer?

http://www.fraserdante.com/4247%20-%2064%20Ford%20Wagon/64wagon.html

(Be sure to click the three links there...)

http://www.sportscardigest.com/auburn-fall-auction-2010-report-auctions-america-by-rm/

(Be sure to compare with a GW there...)
Can you have it all --- and more --- for less?
If you know what --- and why --- you know?
Safety* cars can come in white or orange.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/chevrolet/bel_air/1195370.html

("Orange" is Matador Red/India Ivory!)
They can cost more than "a bit" more...

http://compare.ebay.com/like/200588892548?var=lrgimg&sort=BestMatch

...which is "much" more when original.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=634&aid=323&pop=0 ("Bronze" is Sierra Gold/Adobe Beige!)One of the best of "not-wood" combos.Which, if you're a good "looker," is not a '57 (or a '55), but a '56.Which "they" all know is the least desirable of the Tri-Five Nomads.Which shows that the "in-the-know" don't know what they don't know.PS - When they look into the future, could they see "Nomad" in Concord?I think they should.  Whether or not they know could from would from wood.*Safety orange cars can be relative... http://www.amx390.com/Art/AMX/amx3/body/amx3orange.jpg http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/bricklin-630.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_v8LT6h9LIWE/TDvGYmeGZ-I/AAAAAAAAD7M/unoFcq2CSL8/s1600/IMG_3287.JPGAMC note.....on the "woodies" it is interesting to note that AMC continued the "woodie"look almost into end of production with the Eagles. My 82 Concord 39K wagon has greatlooking wood still: http://www.planeth!
oustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/baby-bessie-82.jpgonly because it was garaged by original owner, 'woodies' don't last long here in texaswith the heat destroying the look, literally baking it off, even see a few year old PTCruisers with it starting to fade and peel.Eddie Stakes713.464.8825eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx