[AMC-list] Grassroots Motorsports

I was leafing through the latest issue of GM this morning.  I run lukewarm about
this magazine because I can't identify with a lot of the cars there.  I have to
admit
I'm a geezer when it comes to the modern little sports sedans and sports
roadsters featured in much of the various classes.

But the $2010 (magazine-sponsored) Challenge Cup Series was highlighted and
there was an AMC based chassis which did quite well.  It was a mid-eighties

Jeep Cherokee with 4.0liter.  It was described as an AMC sport sedan and was
picked as editors choice in the series and finished 15th in points standings.
The only other American chassis that I saw
were a 70s Ford Maverick and one K-car.    I think that was the only place that
AMC was mentioned in the whole magazine.

Now back to the garage and the infamous torque tube.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA