Re: [AMC-list] Weatherstrips and gaskets

Re: [AMC-list] Weatherstrips and gaskets

I don't think that overall you need to use much weatherstrip adhesive, but there may be a few contact points that glue would work well in. Just be extra sure the weatherstrips are properly tucked in. A friend had some terrible wind noise and leakage on his 69 Javelin after installing new weatherstrips and upon close inspection I found that the strips weren't properly tucked into the channels. Once tucked, the windows fit like new and solved most of the issues!

As mentioned, use a BLACK weatherstrip adhesive. 3M makes both the yellow "gorilla snot" variety AND a black variety that works equally as well. There may be other weatherstrip adhesives out there, but I wouldn't waste my money on anything other than 3M.

Your mileage may vary!  :)

Jeff Reeves
Auburn, GA
01 Grand Cherokee Laredo