------------
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:00:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Joe Fulton<piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a freshly machined crankshaft which has been sitting for several years.?
The machine shop put 258 on the end but I think it was a 232 crank and I never
bothered to correct their error.? Is there a casting number I can check or how
can I, with little chance of error, measure the stroke?

I also have two 232 blocks, one freshly machined with an oversize bore (0.030 I
think).?? If the crank above is a 258 crank I assume I can use either of those
blocks (both are post-1972 motors).?? What rods will I need?? I have a 199 that
I haven't torn down yet.? Will 199 rods work with the crank above??? What
pistons?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"