From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, January 27, 2011 12:14:36 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] Hmmmm, 232's and whatnot

I was looking at Atlanta Craigslist and saw a freshly rebuilt 232 long
block for sale. Meet the owner at the SC border, load the pallet, off
you go. Then I wandered over to the Jalopy Journal and read about
machine shop stories. Wrong parts, poor rebuilds, good machine shop
work but the engine rebuilder did not pay attention to tolerances, ...
So - I'm thinking I'll keep that 195.6. I'll let it burn a little oil
on startup. I'll run it up the highway to warm it up completely. But
I'll stay away from rebuilt engines on a pallet, cash and carry, lots
a luck your gonna need it deals.