Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

Let's see... I didn't do anything on my AMC's that weekend, but recently I found a complete set of fender flares for the 1978 Concord AMX and Gremlin GT.  Now all I need is a reasonably intact front air dam, and I can have the entire set repro'd.  From the same seller, I also got the grille and rear window louver for the 78 AMX's, with all hardware.  The parts were cheap but shipping just about floored me.

For anyone interested, the seller, last I talked to him, still had the aluminum targa band for sale.

I found a 87 Eagle wagon in a junkyard near Harrisonburg last week.  Has all sorts of neat-o goodies I'm hoping to grab for my Spirit -- electric leather seats, the "best of the last" AMC factory hi-power stereos, electric outside mirrors, and other bumkum.  Although, I'll probably end up buying the whole ccar, cleaning it up, and realizing it is stilla  decent driver.  Body was in very nice shape; I'm thinking with a day spent washing and polishing, it would shine right up.

The same lot has another Hornet (like a 71, I believe) 2-door sedan with 6 cyl/AT.

And a Porsche 928 5 speed.  Which just about put me in a lather.

-----------------------------------

Seat belts:

As most of you know by now I have a stubborn individualistic streak.  I normally wear my seat belt, and have made a conscious decision to do so as long as my kids are still minors.  Before they were born, and once again after they have flown the coop, whether I buckle(d) myself is my decision.

Buckling should be a free choice.  So should paying for your own damn injuries if you don't (or do) buckle, and if you can't pay, then it ain't the responsibility of the hospital or taxpayers to bail you out if you get injured, regardless of whether you were buckled or not.  If you have to live the rest of your life with half a leg and two ribs sticking out of your sides because you were too cheap to pay with cash, check, or credit card -- or with insurance -- then that should be all on you.

It also grated on me that the safety nazis shoved seat belt laws down our throats with promises that they would just be asecondary offense for which you could not be stopped.

Then, as usual, they keep turning up the heat on the frog until it boils to death.

Seat belt laws are about revenue and control, nothing more.  Just like all other laws governing voluntary behavior.  Now if roads were owned privately and one of the conditions on using a road was to be buckled, I'd have no issue.  A deal's a deal.

MARC MONTONI
Harrisonburg VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm