Re: [AMC-list] Garage Advice Needed

" From: mike & sharyn klepp <mask1966@xxxxxxx>
"
" AMCers,
"
" I know some of you have built garages to house and work on your AMC
" projects and I need your advice. My garage is built (24 x 24) and I am
" in the process of insulating it now. I have the ceiling near done with
" R-25 Craft-faced fiberglass. I plan to cover this with some sort of
" metal material similar to siding used on pole barns, etc. My question
" is.........should I cover the insulation with a plastic vapor barrier
" or is the paper good enough to avoid condensation on the metal from
" the heat source. FYI, I live in central Illinois.

i'll defer to others on general comments - but i can say, kraft paper
-is-not- a vapor barrier.  i don't believe tyvek is either.

use plastic film on the -inside-, so the insulation is on the cold,
'dry' side of it.  otherwise, vapor can freeze in the fiberglass,
negating its insulating value.