Re: [AMC-list] Buttonwillow Results+CdL on TV

Pay close attention to the next AMC Magazine, going out Monday or Tuesday. I have some photos of a 63 American with a 258 going in. Guy lost the heater, but that was the only cutting he did. For a "LeMons" car or a "Grassroots Challenge" car (something I have been considering, but that would be the 65 American two door post I have with a Ford 2.3L turbo motor and five speed... would be neat to turbo the 196 L-head but...) losing the heater is no big deal. For a driver you'd need to install something like a 50s truck heater to one side or an under dash AC/heat unit from Southern Air or Vintage Air.

-------------
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:10:07 -0500
From: Bruce Griffis<bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

Sounds like a fun project. One of the guys on theamcforum did a
blow-through turbo on his 199 in an American two door sedan (forget
what year - but it was '66-'69 body style). He posted up a youtube
video, and it seemed like a very quick car. I think your 199 and a
turbo in the '61 would be quick!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"