Re: [AMC-list] 195.6ohv, ARP studs and head torque

Re: [AMC-list] 195.6ohv, ARP studs and head torque

" From: wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" Theoretically hydro lifters will bleed off ever so slightly which
" should build a bit of extra torque.  As rpm increase that goes away
" and it becomes the cam Tom has.

in practice this is negligible, unless you get fast-bleed lifters like
rhoads.

" Don't forget a hydraulic cam takes a different grind angle. You may
" need to get a custom grind to put Toms profile on a hydr stick.

not grind angle but lash-clearance ramps; hydro lifters run 0 lash and
need them gone.

[just occurred to me: the lash ramps directly relate to the amount of
lash you set a mech valvetrain to]