Re: [AMC-list] 195.6ohv, ARP studs and head torque

The air dam might help, but stiffer springs would work wonders! Lowering the thing would help too. An inch would be barely perceptible to the casual observer and still help, and not mess up suspension/steering geometry. Handle that when you order stiffer springs. A couple inches would be better, but would start messing with the suspension/steering -- wouldn't want it TOO stiff! That thing has good ground clearance, two inches wouldn't be a problem there.

------------
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 18:40:34 -0800
From: tom jennings<tomj@xxxxxxx>

I did 90 in it, once, around 3000. Very floaty! Motor was fine and would
have kept going, I was not fine. I'm not sure what you'd do to this chassis
to instill confidence over 80, certainly an airdam that reaches the ground,
and a good steering box (mine's sloppy). Short wheelbase, too tall, squishy
springs...

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"