Re: [AMC-list] 64 440-h ques, and a 327 to boot

Re: [AMC-list] 64 440-h ques, and a 327 to boot

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" The problem with changing from the "big nut" driveshaft is the pinion
" shaft. I'm not sure the splined end is the same diameter and spline
" count as the later open drives. The pinion shaft also isn't drilled
" for a bolt to hold the later model yoke on. Any machine shop can
" remedy the bolt problem, you'll have to check the splines with a yoke
" from a later model. Check the length also -- the big nut pinion may be
" a bit longer, but I think it's the same length as a later pinion
" shaft. The bearing diameters need to be checked also.

i'm sure i read somewhere that the 'big nut' pinion -is- longer, with
a longer spline.  but everything else was the same though.