Re: [AMC-list] 68 AMX Tire Q and axle ration

Re: [AMC-list] 68 AMX Tire Q and axle ration

I sand blasted the cover for the rear axle over the weekend and saw a 7
stamped on the cover, I think you can't see the stamping unless the cover is
very near new looking,
Also Nick was talking about how to determine ratios by rotating things,
don't forget that on an open diff this method only works when one wheel
can't rotate.

Armand

>Which differential ratio do you have?

Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx> said: week, I spent ten minutes looking for a
stamped
code on the rear axle, but I'll be danged if I can find it. I even scraped
off
the grime and paint with a razon on those small bosses where I would have
expected a stamping. No joy.
I would assume it's a 3.15 or 3.54, although as I recall the 3.54 was more
likely found on 343/390 cars.