[AMC-list] 68 AMX Tire Q and axle ration

[AMC-list] 68 AMX Tire Q and axle ration

Marc,

Easiest way to calculate the gear ration if you don't have the number of teeth
on the ring and pinion to calculate off of is to:

1. Jack the rear end of the car in the air
2. mark a spot of the u-joint with a piece of tape or a marking paint pen
3. rotate the tire one complete revolution while someone counts how many times
the marking on the u-joint make a complete revolution.
This will be your ration.  slightly more than 3 turns will be a 3.15,  3 and one
half turns will be a 3.54.  Just shy of 4 turns will be a 3.91, just over 4.10
and so on.

Nick
 Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

Message: 2