Re: [AMC-list] Car Stereo Wiring Question

----- Original Message ----
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, November 22, 2010 12:02:52 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Car Stereo Wiring Question

For speakers, strip and twist seems fine! Dumb, simple, reliable. Assuming
low power like radios and in-dash stereos. (I'm now putting in a
100W/channel RMS amp and a big subwoofer in my little American, the battery
is in the trunk and the amp is 3' from the battery, it gets #8 cable all
crimped and soldered, #14 soldered wire to two 2-ohm speakers per side in
series.)

snip
Thanks Tom.  I'm just putting in a cheap radio because there were holes to fill
and I can't hear that well anyway so great sound is lost on me.    I think the
crimps at the speakers were the problem so I'll redo them or solder like Russ
suggested.

Joe Fulton