[AMC-list] One Step Back

I set the point gap again tonight and got the dwell near the high limit where I wanted it.  The idle was choppy with a miss noticeable when it was idled down.   I saw the tach needle jumping on my dwell tach more than the rpm was actually varying.  So, since I have another dwell tach I used the other instrument and the miss when away.

But the water pump started leaking.   I don't think this car wants to go back on the road this weekend.  I'll search for a 195.6 water pump locally or put another used pump on it just to get it back on the road.  The engine had very low miles since a rebuild but it sat for over 20 years and the cylinders got rusty, so I rebuilt it.  The water pump was on the engine and the seals must have been damaged from sitting.

Joe Fulton