From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 17:54:35
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Truck arms

That's exactly what I was planning! Unless you are going to put the car
super low you shouldn't have to channel anything in. Remember, there had
to be clearance underneath for the strut rods on the axle, and the truck
arms will be a bit lower than those.

---------------
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:32:48 +0000 (UTC)
From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I may make my own crossmember, been thinking sometimes it is worth
spending a few bucks to be quicker and just general knowledge the
weld quality will be there when it comes to the truck arm tabs!

If I build my own Truck arm mounts I'm guessing that aiming
the theoretical meeting point right at the torque tube meets trans
point will keep the angles and center of gravity pretty much as-is.

Like I was saying, if you make yours on The Ambassador you can probably
get them
as long as about 65"s and make the crossmember a bolt in to the original
crossmembers mounting points which are very sturdy!

I think mine will end being channeled into the floor like most
front to rear frame connectors get put in.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"