[AMC-list] Truck arms

  I know we wandered around on this subject a  few
years ago. I have decided that the Ambassador is getting a set.

  I've done some reading and searching and all I find seems to
have remained the same info over the last few years.

  Has anybody here actually done these on anything? An AMC Torquetube
car experience would be sweet for info. I doubt I will find that.

  I wanted to minitub the car, but that looks to be out.
There appears to only be 3/8-7/16" to be gained before hitting the
 unibody rails :( With those low wheel openings a little room inside
would be nice.

  From my 1st set of quick measurements the T.A. crossmember will hit
about where the rear seat support crossmember is. T. A's are 51" center
to center. If I wanted to build a set I could easily make them another
10"s longer to hit where the trans crossmember is, but I suspect
there is likely a point where the length gets to be a bit of a
risk in its own right. Kind of an interesting factoid, if I found
accurate information, The 65-66 Ambassador has almost the same wheel base as
 a shortbed chevy during the years they ran truck arms. It is off by about 1/2".

I also need to sort out a rear axle.
 I have a 9" housing that would end up at 56.5" and one that would end up about 54".
Neither of which will fit the bill I suspect. Not sure but Maybe an 8.8" will do.
 Lots of Exploder, rangers, towncars etc out there.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.