Re: [AMC-list] Lincoln Continental Brakes

I am going to use Grand Cherokee (pre '98) rear rotors on the Spirit, but it has a Chryco axle going in (from a '93 Cherokee) so stock parts are easy.
   I WAS going to use the disc setup from an ABS Grand Cherokee D35 but the Eagle D35/M15 is messed up and needs bearings, a hub and has much lower gear ratio than the 3.07 tag claims (probably 3.73 or 4.10) as my 4.2l, which cruised at 80 mph before, couldn't get past 60 without over revving on the tiny 14" stock tires

From: Marc Montoni
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] Lincoln Continental Brakes

Back during one of our many threads about disk brake conversions for our AMC's, someone mentioned that the later-model Lincoln Continental brakes (1990's??) were two-piece (rotor separate from hub) and that replacement rotors were very cheap (on the order of $20 as I recall).

Does anyone recall who that was and might you have the link he provided to his photo page of this conversion being done (on his Javelin I think)?

I have a friend who is looking for information on this sort of thing for his Rambler American.

Please copy me directly with any replies:

Marc Montoni

... or click: