Re: [AMC-list] Lincoln Continental Brakes

Re: [AMC-list] Lincoln Continental Brakes

" From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Don't know about that, BUT I did notice that the calipers/pads on a 1979 Lincoln
" did look much like AMC stuff. Rockauto photos look similar but don't show any
" crossover.

if it wasn't exactly the same, the caliper ford used on '70s big cars
and light trucks up to 6900 lbs was very very similar to the amc big
bendix setup.  ih also used something very much like it on '70s light
trucks.  i wouldn't be at all surprised to learn ford's small/mid size
setup was the same as the late '70s amc small bendix.

ford was generally in the bendix camp, as mopar was in the kelsey one
and gm in the [then captive] delco one.