Re: [AMC-list] grr... people swapping stuff...

Re: [AMC-list] grr... people swapping stuff...

" From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" GRR... clutch master cyl wasn't working on my new '82 sx4. i got a
" master rebuild kit. got the master out FINALLY. (i found out that the
" eagles DO have some things real hard to get to.) got the master tore
" apart. only to find out, it has the 4 cyl master, on the 6cyl car.
" now, i have no idea if the slave is for 6 or 4 cyl. so, now im on the
" hunt for a working master/slave for a 6cyl eagle. anyone have them
" they would part with, or know where to go for them, id LOVE it. (local
" parts stores say they are unavailable) if parts are unavailable, then
" why in the "h e double hockey sticks" are they still in the computer,
" and listed online? if they are unavailable, then don't let me think
" they are.

i think the listings are screwed up.  o'reilly says the '83 i4 slave
fits '81-4 eagle i4s, but also '83 only eagle i6s - but also listed are
'82-6 cjs with i4s and i6s and '84-6 grand wags with i6s and v8s, even
'84-6 cherokees!
http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductGuide.aspx?mfrcode=RAY&mfrpartnumber=SC37793

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductGuide.aspx?mfrcode=RAY&mfrpartnumber=SC37792
fits '84-8 eagle and '80-3 spirit i6.  yes, this partially conflicts
with the first listing...  and it's also in the '82 concord listing,
but not in the cross-ref.  and both '82 concord and spirit i4 listings
show it too.

neither i4 nor i6 '82 sx4 master are listed.  i wouldn't be surprised
to find they're the same part.  i didn't find masters for a few other
'80s amcs either.

i use o'reilly all the time to find cross-fits like this.
http://shop.oreillyauto.com/VehicleSelection.aspx