From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 08:20:45
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Kammback/Gremlin vs. Spirit and Eagle door and
	window??

Not at all! The doors will actually fit -- the window frames are a
separate piece from the rest of the door. They did have to alter the
glass, but the door itself just has the frame pushed down a bit in the
back (or did thy use a different frame?). In any case, it's just a minor
alteration to the door. The frame can be broken loose at the welds and
repositioned or swapped. I know, easier said than done, but I do know a
few have done it.

-------------

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 13:25:30 -0600

From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>

AFAIK the Spirit/SX4 doors are slightly (.5"?) shorter at the back
compared to 2

door Gremlin/Hornet/Concord doors. Just enough that they won't work.
Seems a bit

contrary to AMCs usual parts swapability.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"