Re: [AMC-list] Javelin bendix disc brakes

Re: [AMC-list] Javelin bendix disc brakes

I've done a lot of work on various AMCs with the Berndix and KHs. Sometimes things just go on real easy, other times no. You may need to come back a day later with a fresh set of eyes to see whats going on.
Make sure the pistons are collapsed, and that everything is rust free and properly lubed.
Do you have the right caliper for the rotor? I had a set on a Hornet that turned out to be unrelated, early seventies going on a late 70s, that sort of thing. I dry fit the stubborn side in a vice and could see the screw-up by the PO. I got a correct set of calipers and everything slid together nicely......Russ