Re: [AMC-list] pike's peak hillclimb (non amc)

Re: [AMC-list] pike's peak hillclimb (non amc)

I just reran the Pikes Peak video for about the dozen'th time, it is a blast. The sound of the gravel kicking up and watching him search for the right gear (no weinie paddles here) and missing a couple are great. The guy did some dynamite driving.
I have run both Pikes Peak and Marys Hill and I can appreciate when the gravel surprises come up. I was looking for signs of those who didn't make it but the guy ran too fast.
When you run PP they allow you to test the climb a couple of times. My first climb I was too busy checking out the ones who didn't make it. I saw no cars but a lot of evidence. One set of skids was on a particularly steep drop, I would have liked to find out what happened.....Russ