From: Greg DePratt <gdepratt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Javelin bendix disc brakes
To: "AMC, Rambler" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, October 1, 2010, 11:30 AM

Finally got back to putting the front end of the javelin together and I come to find that the local bolt and nut place gave me the wrong size nuts for the spindle...ARG. So I drive allll the way in town and get the right bolts.... Anyway I'm trying to get the brakes back on.  I am doing a full front end rebuild so I've had everything apart and all new rotors bearings rebuilt calipers truntions springs and everything. I can't get the calipers on. They dont want to go on straight!! It had a pair of shims in between the spindle and removing those made things better.  The TSM doesnt show shims there at all... I still need the rotor to move in another 1/8 inch or so to get the caliper on straight.  Hopefully I explained this well enough to make sense..... Cant take out anymore shims and the hub seems to be on tight...Any ideas? Im not used to these brakes...havent messed with them before.

Thanks

Greg
68 Javelin SST