----------
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 01:27:58 +0300
From: "Daigle, Marcus P SSG MIL USA FORSCOM"

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Over here in Iraq, I came across what was left of a Jeep Wragler in the base bone yard. It looks like a longer wheelbase than a normal wrangler. I don't know the exact year since the VIN is missing(late 80's). Here are the particulars that I'm wondering about. It has a Carburated I6, 258? There is no EGR valve on the intake, just a blank space. Casting number on the block AY, then EF3235444, and JDFW. Casting on the exh manifold 11 28 88 and 3237096-2AB. The engine turns freely (it's sitting in the back of the jeep. Is there anything special on this engine worth removing? Did Jeep use the same flywheel between the 258 and the 4.0l engines? The flywheel has the teeth in the rim for the CPS pickup. Did Jeep export the 258 after 1990 or is this a RENIX flywheel? Finally, the transfer case is of Japanese Manufacture. Here is the info off the tag: Kanda Iron Works, Hiroshima Japan, 8953 005 220? Would this transfer be worth snagging for use in an American application? The tranny
is the POS BA10/5.

TIA,

Marcus
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED