Re: [AMC-list] Computerized carbs and smog stuff

Re: [AMC-list] Computerized carbs and smog stuff

My 83 Concord is just the opposite. I have pulled the CPU, smog stuff and V-belt. I went back to a 1970 Hornet belt system and the carb is a late 60s Chryco 318 2v.
I don't have stumbling or idling problems, it runs very well and the miliage is 26 hwy all day long. In town MPG I am not sure of as I drive in a variety of fashions to accurately measure it.
I am very happy with the set up the way I have it. Smog rating, I don't know. I do know that the plugs look good and the last time I drove by a smog truck here in Salem it said "good".
What is a smog truck? We don't have DEQ here in Salem. But they do have a truck that parks and sniffs the car as it passes. It will post a reading as you pass by and it says whether it is good or bad. Not as accurate, I understand, as an inspection.........Russ