Re: [AMC-list] AMC Crusher Alert Ed Hooper Collection

Re: [AMC-list] AMC Crusher Alert Ed Hooper Collection

Ironically some f the cars that looked roughest, like Rebel Machine that sold for $700 and 67 Ambassador convertible that sold for $500 or so wre rather solid bodies after rat's nests and pine needles and junk cleared out the new owners told me.

The Ed Hooper file is still on my site but hidden now:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_estate_sale/ed-hooper.htm

there is some good cheap transportation companies listed in the bottom of that file. As for air pump I don't know, and do not know where Ed got many of these cars from except TX and OK. Back to shipping, I had two transported down from Dallas and it was about $450 if I recall....not bad considering neither ran though, both run great now.

I think one of the best deals was the red Pacer 76 listed as sold on file above, sold for $1300 the people brought gas, battery, it fired up and drove onto trailer! There are others like the 79 AMX that went to NC, guy primed it, new tune up and now driven daily for $1500. The Spirit AMX that sold for $300 is being restored in Waco, guy bought dash and other things from me off the 88 Eagle am parting out. The 71 Hornet Sportabout is up in St Louis and driven daily now also....look at the photos and one would have though 'parts car'.

I do not know the fellows in St. Louis area who bought 14 to 16 cars though, but Tommy told me they were coming down each weekend and picking up 1-3 cars.

When you consider what a Pacer windshield will set you back if ever found in 2010, there is whole car for less. I just sold a 66-69 Rambler fender for $250, there is whole car with front clip for someone's SC/Rambler restoration for about same although I personally think that Rambler wagon could easily be brought back to life.

As for the 64(?) & 66 Ramblers....I hope some Rambler people count pennies and trade in FEMA cards & bottle caps & Star Wars plush dolls and come up with money to somehow pick up those two, both are rather solid examples. Maybe use their big stimulus! Even if someone drops in a Chevy 454 rat that is better fate than CTC Autoranch (good people to deal with I just don't want the final cars going there) but even if fellow AMCers part them out that is all good.

When was last time you saw a red on red Rambler anything? Or a aqua/white Rambler wagon? Check out the Pacer X, there is buckets, 3 spoke wheel and more sporty things in it.

Here is the LAST CALL list one more time all together now!

Spirit

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1945350071.html

early Rambler w flat head

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/1945364451.html

red/red Rambler

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1945344671.html

two tone Rambler 69 wagon

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1945339281.html

white two door Rambler

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1945354613.html

Tommy's phone number up in Dallas to call about these cars: 214-586-6245
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wrambler" <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC Crusher Alert Ed Hooper Collection 64-65 RamblerAmerican

No Eddie, That's a 66 and if someone can get it on a truck headed this way, I'll take it...

Anyone headed past Texas on the way to WestVirginia :)

Probably need an empty trailer and all that stuff...

Yeah, I'll even pay.

Whats the lower, under body rot like in that area of the state?

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.