Re: [AMC-list] BIAS vs Radial tires on rims

Ask them if they would like to repeat that claim to an ASE certified engineer. Bias Tubes, yes (bias tube in radial tire didn't last long. Saw that on 4 cars of my own family) but not bias rims (unless they aren't tubeless rims)

From: JohnBherna@xxxxxxx
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] BIAS vs Radial tires on rims

I have a 1967 Rambler Rebel Wagon that I just purchased some used 225/70/14
 tires.  The tire shop said that I had BIAS rims and pointed to some
notches  in the rim.

They said the radial tires may have leakage later or come off the rim if I
hit a curb or other objects.  Can someone explain if that is true?

Thanks,
John