From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:47:06
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] American wagons...

Tom,

I just checked my American it it has about 40" between the wheel wells.
Full size GM wagons from the late 70's through late 80's (when they were
all big boxes) will hold a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood with the tailgate
closed. Dad used one of those to haul drywall (and 2 x 4's and all fort
of other stuff) when he finished the basement in the house we were in at
the time.

Matt

On 8/18/2010 7:05 PM, tom jennings spouted this sage advice:
> Here's a basic question for you all: will a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood (etc) fit
> in the back of an American wagon? I assume it would have to be 65 up. I
> don't care how well it fits, tailgate and seats down.
>
> I need to replace my ailing wagon, likely this winter, and for once, I'll
> actually have a budget to buy something nice. I'll be looking for someone's
> done project car. Six cyl, preferably manual trans, preferably
> power-nothing. Driveline and chassis has to be immaculate rebuilt. Willing
> to pay for that. Rebuilt 232 and T-96-OD, or 4.0 transplant I care less
> about than top-notch mechanical (though the newer stuff would not hurt!)

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon