From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 22:13:20
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] M8

I don't think towing up to 5K will be a problem at all. I've heard of MANY people towing with the old cars, and Tom has towed 2000-2500 lbs. with his air cooled M-35. I've towed 1500-2000 with the one I had cross country (Idaho to SC) with no problems. Just treat it like any other auto used for heavy towing -- nice big cooler!! Brakes on a trailer ALWAYS helps!!

----------------
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 16:58:34 +0000
From:wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone know just how tough an M8 is?
    I want the Ambassador to be able to tow.
    My concern is the weight of a conv plus another 4K.

    I know the hitch concern that will be handled during the build. Class V. Tied to rails etc. 22 gallon mustang tank under floor. I've measured, it will fit. I've got a perfect trunk floor to go in. Can't believe how nice the 990's is. May sell it and make my own. Undecided. Hope to bag at least the back, hopefully front too.

   Rear gears would be 3:15 Tgrip.

   Big trans cooler etc.

   I have other options for behind the 327. But. Stock will obviously an easier task.

   I have a tsm SOMEWHERE?

  My dad says he never had an issue with Ambos and towing. We had a 22' trailer with electric brakes and equalizer hitch at one time. He said he always added a cooler, but never a temp gauge.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"