[AMC-list] AMC restoraton question

I went to My Auction Connection in Mufreesboro, TN (also called MAC Auctions Tennessee) They specialize in power sport stuff and classic cars but had all kinds of other stuff. Today they only had a 1956 Bel Air that went for $20,000. I know the owner of the auction and the Bell Air and questioned him about his car and if he ever had any AMC's. He had his car completely restored and updated and I was curious as to how much it would cost as I may do that with my 64 Classic.
 He said he didn't get AMC's and he also said it would be much cheaper to restore an old AMC than it would be a Bel Air.

First, are there any auctions in Tennessee that anybody knows of that would have AMC's?

Second, is it true an AMC would be cheaper to restore than a Bel Air? If so, why? Is it because the Bell Air is more popular? Seems to me that would mean the parts are more readily available than an AMC, thus it would be cheaper. Surely the labor charges would be equal right? It should cost just as much (labor wise) to sandblast/paint/interior work/etc on a Bel Air as it would any car, much less and AMC right?

 I don't know, it just didn't make sense to me. If it costs more to restore a Bel Air than it does an AMC Classic, where's the cost difference coming from?

Online Social Network and Reputation Management for Automotive Dealerships
http://www.repgard.com