Re: [AMC-list] Disc Brake Set Up Question...

The 2.0L four (77-79 Gremlin/Concord/Spirit) used a 10.27" diameter rotor vs. a 10.80" diameter rotor on the six cylinder small cars. Caliper was the same, pads were different. I wouldn't bother keeping a four cylinder setup since the rotors (and maybe pads?) are no longer available. Switch the four to six brakes if you have one, but you need the caliper mounting bracket, rotor, and new pads. No need to change spindle.

--------------
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:41:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Sandwich Maker)
To:amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Disc Brake Set Up Question...

" From: Jim Blair<carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" IIRC, the 4 cyl and 5/V8 rotors are totally different. (4 cyl ones are no longer available last time I looked)

they are, but iirc the only difference is rotors and calipers, so i6
parts could be used on a 4cyl setup, and they probably need replacing

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"