Re: [AMC-list] Parking Light Modification & Trunk Light Question

Re: [AMC-list] Parking Light Modification & Trunk Light Question

Thanks go out to the cast of regulars that weighed in on my question about modifying the 1967 parking lights to stay on with the headlights like the later version cars. I wish to note the expertise of the "regulars" like Matt Haas, Jim Blair, Dave Stoler and Frank Swygert (I hope that covers the list) The suggestion of putting a jumper on the switch wires (I used the jumper from the white to the blue -- the blue operates the tail lights) worked seemingly very well. At least no fuse blew and all the lights worked as I wanted them to. I now have an amber bulb glow on the grille when the the headlights / hi-beams are on, in addition to the normal parking light mode. Also thanks to the clue about the mercury switch in the trunk lid -- who would have "thunk"? All I had to do was loosen the mounting screw and rotate the fixture about a quarter of a turn and like magic, the trunk light worked again, just like it should! It even turned off when I lowered the lid! 40+ year-old technology still at work.

Thanks to all,

Rich Morgan