Re: [AMC-list] Rebel parts

I picked up a pair of coil compressors and lowered the pressure on them enough that it came apart without explosive force. Shock/coil towers are now on my truck awaiting the next scrap yard trip. Seems a shame since they are rust free.

From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Rebel parts

I have removed may front springs by the method as follows, heavy duty and other wise;
Remove everything connected to the front end so that you get as much drop as possible. You will need to unbolt the front bars, shocks, etc.
Place a chain around the middle of the spring.
Wrap a blanket around the spring. This is important as it will buffer the spring coming out.
Pull on the spring and it will pop out.
No it will not come exploding out with the blanket wrapped around it and if the suspension is fully extended, but use some common sense and stand away from the spring.
I have pulled dozens of springs and one guy with a shoe box Ford was told of the dangers involved. He was beside himself with how easy it was.....Russ