Re: [AMC-list] Crank pilot adapter for 290 needed or part number/supplie

Re: [AMC-list] Crank pilot adapter for 290 needed or part number/supplier/size of oem

I found a 327 flywheel in my collection. Eventually I will count the teeth and see about the offset to tell which starter it needs. For now I have to work on scrapping out the '76 J10 (with J20 axles), get the '83 J10 ready to go to Canada for parts, and work on getting the other parts rigs ready for scrap! (My vacation is already 1/2 over!)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Crank pilot adapter for 290 needed or part
	number/supplier/size of oem

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Well, I guess I'm partially answering my own question. I tripped over
" the flywheel from a 327 in my collection (probably from a full size
" Jeep) which I think will need a re-balance for the 290, but it has the
" lip on the back to fit the crank.

so the early v8 flywheels have 164t ring gears like the later v8s?
for some reason i always thought they were 153t like the early sixes.
Andrew Hay